Saturday, May 21, 2016

Die Antwoord: Psychos Or Geniuses?

In 2008 the music Gods blessed us with one of the freakiest bands known to man:

Die Antwoord.

The band, consisting of spouses Yolandi Visser (Anri du Toit) and Ninja (Watkin Tudor Jones), accompanied by DJ High Tek, has given us some of the most explicit and aggressive hip hop/rave music known in society. Although, it seems they aren't as well known as they should be.

My take on this is that they had the right idea: Be complete psychopaths and cross all barriers so that in no way can anyone ignore you.

But maybe they took it too far?

Or maybe they really are just crazy?

It's really a matter of opinion and the way you look at it.

I would suggest immediately going to YouTube and watching some music videos but I would feel uneasy condoning the possibility of rave-induced brain spasms from my blog.
So don't... *Exaggerated Wink*.

I personally find the lyrics revolting and I would avoid these people like the plague, but there was just something so catchy about "I Fink U Freaky" that I couldn't let my common sense get the best of me.

So if you choose to listen to Die Antwoord, know you are not alone and it is okay.


Flame on motherf*ckers,

Chelsea

(P.s. Yolandi and Ninja have a daughter named Sixteen, which is kind of badass)






Click the Google+ button below to gimme a like 👍


No comments:

Post a Comment