Friday, June 17, 2016

MUTEMATH: I Love This Band

As you have most likely not read below, I went to a Twenty One Pilots concert recently, and what I purposely failed to mention about the concert was the opening act, because I believe they deserve a single post dedicated to themselves.

I'm not going to lie, the usual opening act kind of sucks. Earlier this year when I had the privilege of seeing the fantastic Alessia Cara at the Brampton Sheridan College campus, the opening act was less than enjoyable. A single guy, around 28 years old, with a guitar, playing at an average pace (at best) with less than impressive vocals wasn't a let down, because I kind of expected it. I always do. There's a reason they're the opening act and not the main event.

However, when the second opening act started at the Molson Amphitheatre on the 7th of this month, I kind of lost my mind. I mean, how could one expect to hear this incredible Alternative, Electronica, Psychedelic, Rock, Pop fusion of amazingness?
Obviously, you have no idea what I'm talking about, but that's okay, because you will understand soon enough.

The lead singer, Paul Meany, is probably one of the most awesome people I have ever witnessed. And that's not just as a performer, that's as a person altogether. I mean, this guy was (literally, I may add) jumping around in enthusiasm and he plays the keytar. I think the keytar alone makes him pretty f*cking fantastic. Furthermore, he basically has the voice of a deranged angel.

So I bless upon you, readers of Elysian City, MUTEMATH.

You're welcome,

Chelsea

P.s. Although he's more than twice my age, Paul's pretty cute too.


Mutemath Live at The Molson Amphitheatre
(Wait for it)


My favourite song by Mutemath, Used To



Click the Google+ button below to gimme a like 👍

No comments:

Post a Comment