Monday, June 27, 2016

Rihanna Releases "Sledgehammer" As Part Of Star Trek Soundtrack

I like Rihanna.

Notice how I didn't say "love"?

My problem with Rihanna is that she's more of a sell out than people brand her for. The girl started out as a reggae singer with a Patwah accent and slowly sold into whatever was popping in the industry as her main genre. It changes every couple of years, but she's always singing what's popular and never tries to be "out there" or unique. Which, at Rihanna level you would think one would be doing.

You already made it, why not do what you want to do?

Regardless of the above, Rihanna has a brilliant voice. To deny that would just be insanity. She has a melodic, beautiful tone and I love many of her songs, although, I can't say I'm a huge fan of her new single Sledgehammer.

 I don't hate it, but I wasn't exactly awestruck. It sounds a lot like an Adele song actually. Like something they would have Adele do for James Bond (note that I am not a fan of Adele).

My problem with it is that it's kind of bland and boring. When you're listening to it you're kind of thinking "well I mean, it's technically sung well but I wouldn't care to download it". At least, I am anyway.

So I can't say her voice wasn't technically good, but I wasn't amazed and I can happily live the rest of my life without ever hearing it again.



Sorry RiRi, I just have higher expectations for you than Adele,


Chelsea


Click the Google+ button below to gimme a like 👍

No comments:

Post a Comment