Friday, June 17, 2016

Twenty One Pilots: Leaked Song Review

Anyone who knows me knows that I am in love Twenty One Pilots.

Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun are the beat that flows through my veins and anybody that denies their spectacular-ness will feel the heat of my calvary (if you don't understand that, you should not be here at present). The meaningful lyrics sang with soul and passion to music, that can't be defined by even three genres never mind one,  have impacted my life in a way I never thought a modern band could.

So two days ago, when the aforementioned band of spectacular-ness leaked a new single, I screamed like a child.

Not just a normal child either, but a child that just realized they are going to Disney World.

For a month.

With the Jonas Brothers.

And a new puppy.

On a bedazzled private jet.

Yes, I was screaming like that.

I'm not the typical "Fangirl", dressed in all black and red band memorabilia, constantly reblogging concert pictures on Tumblr, having my walls plastered in posters of the lead singer, the girl who cries whenever they hear their favourite song. I have never been the girl who wanted to marry Justin Bieber or constantly argued about which One Direction member is my favourite.

However. When it comes to Twenty One Pilots, I am not to be messed with.

I recently spent way too much money to go to their show at the Amphitheatre in Toronto, and let me just say, it was probably one of the greatest experiences of my life. But I shall not tell you about all of the amazing things that happened, because that is something people have to experience themselves.

Back to my original topic here; their new song is incredible. It is everything one could hope for in a leaked song by their favourite band.

Usually when this happens the song isn't as good as you expected. It's okay, and you'll love it anyway just out of allegiance to the group (in my case, The Clique), but you don't love it at much as the classics.
But this song is amazing. It is, dare I say it, one of their best.

So here you have it, Heathens by Twenty One Pilots.

If you need me, I'll be silent in the Trees,

Take it slow,

Chelsea


Pictures at the concert





Click the Google+ button below to gimme a like 👍

No comments:

Post a Comment