Friday, July 29, 2016

I'd Like You To Meet Denim Skeletons

Wow, wow, wow.

Let me introduce you to a band under the name of Denim Skeletons.

The first song I listened to was Mall Doll and I automatically felt overwhelmed with this sense of nostalgia, that I haven't really been able to put my finger precisely on. Like I've felt this music in my bones for years. It almost reminded me of what a devastatingly beautiful mash of MGMT, Soundgarden, and a slight twinge of Radiohead would sound like.

There's this incredibly wicked and scary feeling to it that instantly had me tearing up (I do that sometimes, don't mind me). The whole vibe just makes you feel like you're slowly morphing into a supernatural monster that's about to unleash chaos (I've just started watching Supernatural... again... don't mind me).

And they have this strangely intense stage presence that just captures your attention. In a very creepy way. 

I love it.

The style is very experimental and psychedelic, which is something I can't get enough of. It's just sickeningly cool and bad*ss.

Want to know what also makes me like them?

ONE OF THE MEMBERS OF HUGE COSMIC IS ALSO IN THIS BAND

(To read about Huge Cosmic, click here)

Yep, Jacob Hrajnik, member of Huge Cosmic, is also a quarter of Denim Skeletons. (Insert shocked face emoji here)


So, since we're talking about band members, I just want to point out how much I love the aesthetic of the crew. It's fantastic.




(Side Note: Dear Denim Skeletons, 

please forgive me for stalking your social media, you're just so cool.

Love,

Chelsea)


So as you may have assumed, I have bought their BandCamp material, making a wonderful addition to my growing iTunes list of Ontario talent. 

And so should you.


Yours truly,

Chelsea






No comments:

Post a Comment