Monday, July 11, 2016

My Review On Toronto Band "EricArthurBlair"

I recently came upon a suggestion on the blog to look into an up and coming band from my area of Toronto. A band under the name of EricArthurBlair.

At first I was a little confused.

Why is this guy named Eric being referred to as a band? Also, why did he smash his name together into one word?

Then I realized that Eric Arthur Blair is the real name of George Orwell, it's a clever band name, and I'm a jack*ss. (Hey, I'm a musician, not a novelist).

Furthermore, I am surprised to find that I really like this band. I dislike many things, so this is a lot coming from me.

I'll start with the look.

The band itself looks awesome; together they all really mesh, each have their own style, but are all pretty Alt-Rock in appearance as well, which is a good thing in my eyes.
And based on videos of them onstage, I really love the stage presence too. They have a unique vibe that I haven't really seen before.

And the vocals are really good.

The lead singer (Patrick Hamilton) has a really great voice. He sounds like a straight up chemical mixture of Billie Joe Armstrong, Brendon Urie, Jesse James Rutherford, and Gary Lightbody; that 2006 teenage-heartthrob-esque je ne sais quoi that would give any current mainstream boy band a run for their money.

And I like the music too. More specifically, I like the way the instrumentalists (Zach Goddard,  Connor Wooldridge, Zack Stuckey, and Austin Jones) sound altogether. I like how they mesh and compliment one another, as if they've been playing together for a very, very long time.


So I look forward to hearing how the band progresses and develops; they have something good here and they could really do something great with what they have.

Maybe some more music videos?

Maybe even some more live sessions would be awesome.

All in all, I'll definitely be listening and adding some songs (Cauterize is my favourite so far) to my playlists.


But most importantly, I have to say, if there is one thing I truly love about this band, it is the personalities behind it.





Yours,

Chelsea


P.s. EAB is playing a live show July 21st @ Smiling Buddha dance club along with three other acts.





https://youtu.be/G-sP_xD4_3s
https://www.facebook.com/ericarthurblairband/
https://ericarthurblair.bandcamp.com/releases











Click the Google+ button below to gimme a like 👍

2 comments:

  1. This band is amazing. Hands down one of the best in the GTA right now.

    ReplyDelete