Sunday, July 31, 2016

Nothing But Thieves Have Stolen My Love

Recently, in a quest to find more bands to listen to, my lead guitarist offered up the name of a band I hadn't heard of before. A group called Nothing But Thieves.

(Listen to my personal favourite song here)

Of course, I had high expectations; my bandmates have pretty epic taste in music.

Fortunately, I was not disappointed. They're pretty f*cking cool.

I mean, the band was obviously instantly favourable to me when I discovered they originated in Essex, England. (If you have not read my previous posts, I love British artists/bands with a passion).

British bands are usually just bad*ss. Radiohead, Depeche Mode, Tears For Fears, The 1975, Duran Duran, Fine Young Cannibals, Joy Division, The Smiths, Bloc Party, The Clash, Madness, and about two billion others. I could really go on for hours.

So when I Google a new band and I see that they're from Britain, my automatic assumption is "Oh, so they're good then" and I'll start hooking up my IPod to download more songs. (No offence America, it's just that your most popular artist right now is Drake. My expectations for you have become slightly diminished).

This case was no different and I made the correct assumption.

To start, Conor Masons voice kind of feels like being consumed in melted gold (but like, not in a burning-your-skin-off way, in a nice way). It has this smooth, silky feel that I absolutely love. It's pretty beautiful actually.

The music itself I would compare to Muse, Chvrches, and Hozier. You know, that twisted, vampire-chic, alternative, experimental type alternative rock with intense vibrations that fills your soul with an empowering Daenerys-Targaryen-style inner rage. The good stuff. (Maybe a Khal Drogo style inner rage if you're a dude?)

The point is, they're really good and you'll probably find yourself adding a few of their songs to your playlist if you give them a listen.


So what are you still doing on my blog? You should be on Youtube by now. Or Spotify if you're trendy like that.



Yours,

Chelsea

P.s. Thank you Nicole for the awesome suggestion 💜


(And people say One Direction is cute. *Pffft*.)

No comments:

Post a Comment