Sunday, July 10, 2016

Why I Love The xx

I have a very strong admiration for The xx.

I can't remember exactly how I came across them but the song was Crystallized and I'm fairly sure it was a movie. I probably watch as many movies as I do listen to songs.

The xx is very... unique. They have this alternative style of collaborative voiced electronic rock that just sounds cool in a chilling way.

The band, consisting of Romy Madley Croft, Oliver Sim, and Jamie Smith was formed in a London academy when vocalists Romy and Oliver were 15, later to be joined by producer and DJ, Jamie.

I think what makes it cool is how intuned the two singers are to each other, they sound almost like they're the same tortured, chilling person only one is male and one is female.

They also kind of have a similar ambient sound that I love so much about Cigarettes After Sex, which has to be credited to the astounding Jamie Smith (Jamie xx) who is both incredibly talented and incredibly cute all at once.

So with all that being said, check them out. You won't regret it.


Yours,

Chelsea




Click the Google+ button below to gimme a like 👍

No comments:

Post a Comment