Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Why Isn't Chet Faker Mainstream Yet?

I get goosebumps every time I hear him. Every. F*cking. Time.

The music, the voice, and the whole vibe of every song is absolutely breathtaking and I love it.

It amazes me how most people have no idea who I'm talking about when I mention his name.

Chet Faker, real name Nicholas James Murphy, is an alternative trip hop artist from Australia, which shocked me in and of itself because I somehow automatically assumed he was a Londoner (don't murder me).

Reading about Faker I found that he was influenced by Jazz music and Bob Dylan, which makes me love him more considering my favourite artists have always been Amy Winehouse and Dylan.

The music is almost impossible to explain because it has this whole uniqueness to it. It's like what would happen if an angel came down to Earth and became a singer / trip hop DJ and blessed the world with his holy rhythm.

His voice has this odd tortured broken-innocence sound that is nearly worth crying over and I can assure you, I have. (Although I can be an emotional person, so don't mind me).

So as I always say, check him out and thank me later.

Bless,

Chelsea


P.s. Check out I'm Into You and his rendition of No Diggity




Click the Google+ button below to gimme a like 👍

No comments:

Post a Comment