Saturday, August 20, 2016

The Hip's Final Concert

So today I'd been given an unfortunate ultimatum, to choose between watching The Tragically Hip live concert on CBC or Nate Diaz vs Conor McGregor at UFC 202.

Being a boxer/musician, this is like asking an emo kid to pick between My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy.

*insert shooting self in face emoji*

Just watch the Hip? Try and juggle both?

Luckily, fate made the decision easy for me when I went to check what time McGregor is on and I realized it would cost me 50 bucks.

So I suppose I'll be watching that after the fact.

#CheapskateForLife

Not that I would have ever ended up boycotting the Hip anyway; the final Hip concert isn't really something you can miss, especially as a Canadian.

This is going to be one of the most emotionally heart wrenching concerts you could possibly imagine.
Every time I've heard TTH over the last few weeks, I've just automatically responded with tears, so you can imagine how unbearably gutted I'm going to be watching it.

You see, someone like Gord Downie only comes along once in a thousand lifetimes, and I don't think enough people understand just how incredible he is.

Downie has the unimaginable combination of insanely perfect lyrics, incomparable persona, and a tear-inducing voice.

So I hope you metaphorically join me tonight in watching The Tragically Hip's final masterpiece.


Love,

Chelsea

(The final 'Hip concert will be broadcast at 8pm on CBC) 


No comments:

Post a Comment